Friday 14 March 2014

Credit Card Scam

I'm normally very tardy at looking at credit card statements, basically because I don't use them much and they're paid by direct debit. Luckily today when my Barclaycard statement arrived I opened it and took a look straight away - because, though I haven't used it for a couple of years at least, there were numerous payments on it for Wuaki TV, Jersey - a company I have never used. Every day, several times a day payments of between £10.99 and £13.99 have been going out, totalling well over £100. Barclays have now put a block on the card and are investigating it for me. Needless to say I'll be keeping a close eye on my card statements in future!

From what I can gather Barclays are going to cancel the payments, which only started on the 3rd March. Fingers crossed on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment