Friday 9 March 2012

We Need to Talk About Kevin


Watched We Need to Talk About Kevin last night. Now I know I'm going to upset some people, but I didn't much care for the way in which it was filmed. A strong story about a serious issue, but the style of filming annoyed and distracted me and only occasionally worked so far as I was concerned. I got the feeling much of the time the cast were making up their own lines, which I know is one particular type of "naturalistic" film making, but for me makes for monumental dullness. It worked in Vera Drake, but that had exceptionally talented actors and a skilled director. OK, the actors in this may be exceptionally good too. As may the director. I don't know. I'm not familiar with them myself. But I did feel this was a potentially great film which misfired. Just my opinion, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment