Friday 22 July 2011

The Century's Best Horror Fiction - Cemetery Dance

I was surprised to see that the latest issue of Locus has a review of this two-volume set. Not being a subscriber, though, I haven't yet seen what the review has to say about it.

That the books have finally been reviewed, though, makes it look like they will finally be published. I certainly hope so, as the one chosen by John Pelan for 1970 is my first ever published story, The Lurkers in the Abyss from the Eleventh Pan Book of Horror.

2 comments:

  1. I have a copy of the old Pan collection, and just now, I re-read your story, Lurkers. It is effectively written - and picks up on the dread of street thuggery and empty areas of urban decay awaiting rebuilding. Like the Manchester of Myra Hindley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for that. That was just the kind of atmosphere I was trying to create in it. I'm glad it came over, even after all these years.

    ReplyDelete