Friday 7 January 2011

The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui - First Rehearsal

We had our first rehearsal for The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui last night in the upstairs concert room of Lock Street Club (St Mary's Parish Centre) in Oswaldtwistle. Two hours without any heating! Needless to say I didn't remove my coat, scarf or gloves - and was still perishing by the time I got home two hours later - which was a good excuse for a hot toddy!

Still, it went well and it was interesting as this was our first full read through.

I only have a small part, Sheet, a shipyard owner whose one appearance - alive - is in scene 1, b. He has 48 lines of dialogue.

But I have also been promised a few other small parts later in the play after my character makes his off stage demise, a victim of the gangster Arturo Ui.

Our next rehearsal is on Tuesday. I intend to make sure I have learned my lines thoroughly by then. No excuse for not doing really.

No comments:

Post a Comment